Allen B. Breslow
Allen B. Breslow has limited his practice to representing both unions and management in labor and employment-relations law for over forty-five (45) years. He has been special labor counsel to many nonprofit organizations and represents employers in the financial, chemical, manufacturing and construction industries. He regularly practices before the National Labor Relations Board, federal and state courts, and federal and state human rights agencies. He has extensive experience negotiating collective bargaining agreements, and has participated in hundreds of grievance meetings and has litigated numerous arbitrations.
He has lectured before many business, professional and nonprofit organizations and is a frequent lecturer on employment-related issues for the Non-Profit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Mr. Breslow is a graduate of Columbia Law School and is admitted to practice before the New York State and United States Courts. He is a former vice chairman of the Labor Law Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association and is a member of the employment law committees of the American and New York State Bar Associations. He served as Trustee of the Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library for fifteen (15) years and is a member of the Board of Suffolk Network of Adolescent Pregnancy (SNAP), the Suffolk County Child Care Council, the Long Island Health and Welfare Council and the New York State United Way.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Labor and Employment Law
- New York, 1965
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- Columbia College, New York, New York
- Frequent Lecturer, Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York, 1996 - Present
- Frequent Lecturer, Lorman Education Services, 1995 - 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, SNAP Long Island, 1994 - Present; President 2004 - Present
- Board Member, Suffolk County Child Care Council, 1996 - Present
- Board Member, Health & Welfare Council of Long Island, 1998 - Present
- Board Member, New York State United Way, 2004 - Present